Electronic Student Manifest System
In 2018, the Victorian Department of Education and Training introduced new student safety technology on contracted buses in the Students with Disabilities
Transport Program (SDTP).
The CustomLinc system already in use and managing the transport arrangements for thousands of students a year.
CustomLinc Schools system employs full compliance with the Electronic Student Manifest requirements via a manifest system that will further improve safety
for students accessing the program.
The system is hosted in Sydney, Australia and is used in a number of Tourism applications carrying millions of passengers a year.
Each component is specifically designed for the relevant users including Coach Operators (and Administrators), Coach Drivers, Schools, Students and Parents.
Coach Operators System
Using the CustomLinc Express Platform, coach operators can configure multiple schools, multiple routes and multiple services.
- Configure pickup and dropoff locations with GPS co-ordinates.
- Configure drivers, coaches, routes and services.
- Import student lists each term.
- Configure payment arrangements for full time, part time and casual students based on zones.
- Configure alternate travel arrangements for sports days or co-parenting arrangements.
- Make use of existing Student RFID Cards.
- Maximise accountability and compliance knowing where students tapped on, where they tapped off and at what times.
- Revenue can be collected by the school directly.
The CustomLinc School Portal provides full reporting metrics for bus loading, manifests, and payment statuses.
- Manage student lists.
- View a list of students with balances and send payment reminders.
- Check the occupancy of each coach.
- View a list of students on each coach.
- Custom branding branding of the Portal to match the schools website.
The CustomLinc Student Portal has been developed with the parent and student in mind, delivering an easy to use online system for bus runs and payments.
The portal gives a safe and secure online environment for bookings, live maps, and a full student trip history.
- Student member cards.
- Account login management.
- Single or term bookings.
- Trip and transaction history.
- Custom branding.
- Parents can log onto the portal to see the stops on their child's run and the current location of the bus (updated from the device every 30 seconds).
- All students in a family are linked together in the same portal.
Drivers Tablet App
- Each driver collects a Galaxy Tab 10 with GPS and RFID Readers as they go out on each run.
- The Driver starts the app and logs on. They must select the coach they are driving and the route they are on.
- The manifest will then be downloaded with the pickup and drop-off location for each student.
- Unmanifested students can tap on creating a booking and casual user charge.
- Manifested students can board a coach that is different to the coach they are manifested on (going home with a friend).
- Manually download the latest manifest for last minute additions.
All hardware required for the installation and operation of the system is commercially available off the shelf.
- Galaxy Tab 10
- RAM Mount
- RFID Reader (programmed to read the RFID tag from the student card)
Enhance your school system and student experience